Genres: Chillout, Post-rock, Ambient, New Age
This mix, inspired by the Epic45 track “The Future Is Blinding”, is themed around feeling content with what we have and finding happiness within. I’m sure that many of us, including me, get stuck in a vicious cycle of wanting something really bad which we think will make us happy, and pursuing it tirelessly until we attain it. Once we do, and we’ve adapted to it, the cycle starts again with something else that keeps us on our toes, forgetting to cherish the life we have for that “one thing that will make us happy”.
Musically, this mix features two tracks from an artist I recently discovered and fell instantly in love with the simplicity and beauty of his music: Umber. Other highlights include a wonderful new track from ATB’s latest 2014 album “Contact”, and a excellent Chillout mix of “Desire”, a Trance tune by Evan London, remixed by no other than the amazing duet Domenico Cascarino & Luca Lombardi.
- Umber – Spark Mountain
- Blank & Jones – After Love (Ambient Mix)
- Epic45 – The Future Is Blinding
- Evan London – Desire (Domenico Cascarino & Luca Lombardi Chillout Mix)
- D. Batistatos – Beyond The Ocean
- Andrew Bayer – A Brief Interlude
- Umber – Mellow Drizzle
- ATB feat. Stefan Erbe – When Angels Travel
- Rhythm Of Mankind & Nature – Feel Water’s Pulse
- Rudy Adrian – Shelter From The Storm
- John H. Clarke – Cielo
- Vangelis – Ballard
I like the inspiration of this mix – finding happiness within.